Tuesday, August 11, 2009

For Lucas..Beer Can Chicken Recipe

Lucas asked me to send him the "recipe" for Beer Can Chicken and I thought this would be easier.. he won't accidentally delete it and make me re-type it again!

I had to try this and see what all the hype was about. Plus, come on, I live in WV and SHOULD know how to make it... So here it is-

1 whole chicken
any type rub you prefer, I used a store bought Cajun
garlic
3/4 can, fully opened, beer

Heat 1 side of grill. Rinse and pat dry chicken. Coat outside and cavity heavily with rub. Add a bit of garlic and some of your rub to the beer. Stuff the beer can up the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken on cold side of grill, making sure legs stick out to keep it stable. Turn 1/4 of a turn every 15 or 20 minutes... for about 2 1/2 hours. Enjoy! This is probably the moistest chicken I have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment