Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rosemary Mint Soap

There is such a big difference between good old fashioned lye soap and store bought soap.. it is totally amazing! I started making our own several years ago, after discovering that commercial soaps contain known carcinogens. After a few trial and tribulation batches of the cold-process method, my family was satisfied with my "recipe" and have continued to use it since. Eventually, I was making so much that I started selling at craft fairs~but alas, the business was growing quicker that I could commit to... So for now at least, my soaps go to family and friends!

This is the latest batch... I rarely use any colorings, but do so love fragranced soaps, that part is a must. This is my hubbies favorite~a nice rosemary-mint, a great wake me in the morning. The fragrance is from Sweetcakes, who carries the absolute best fragrances I have found!



No comments:

Post a Comment